Seasonal Cashier – Brenton Skating Plaza
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Performs cashiering duties at City owned Parks and Recreation facilities and events.
Assignment Location: Brenton Skating Plaza - ice skating rink.
Duration of work assignment is weather-dependent and may run from November to March.
Deadline : Applications are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
Required Special Qualifications
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable driving record background checks.
- Passing a pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to employment.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Performs cashiering duties and monitors patrons using City owned facilities including sells tickets, rental services, concessions, merchandise and other commodities;
- Assists customers and collects fees;
- Enforces all facility rules and regulations regarding public health and safety;
- Performs cleaning duties relative to opening, operating, and closing the facilities as well as cleaning floors, counters, restrooms, decks and landscaped area;
- Prepares commodities for resale;
- Prepares daily reports and delivers money to designated persons;
- Assists in emergency situations by reacting appropriately in a quick and calm manner as part of the facilities emergency action plan;
- Assists with maintenance work on or around the facilities;
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and activities;
- Attends required in-service training throughout employment;
- Performs related work as required.
Closing Date/Time: 11/9/2023 4:00 PM Central