Property Clerk II (533760)
Property Clerk II
(Property Clerk II)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,600 - $4,000 per month
Full CSU Classification Salary Range: $ 3,505 - $6,217 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Area of consideration is limited to internal employees only.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 15 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here .
Under general supervision, the Property Clerk is responsible for the campus wide property/inventory control system. Fresno State is a campus with a minimum of 10,000 property items and an annual total of property acquisitions, transfers and surveys that exceeds 1,500. Position also responsible for campus's Lost and Found and is required to follow procedures and requirements in accordance with the State Administrative Manual (SAM), CSU and Fresno State policies and procedures. This position is responsible for assisting campus moves including moving crews and relocating equipment as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and practices used to inspect, maintain, issue, take, and record inventory.
- General knowledge of property accounting and disposal and departmental budget preparation.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive, service oriented, collegial work environment with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to:
- Inventory widely scattered and diverse property and reconcile inventories with control accounts.
- Inspect and recommend proper maintenance of property.
- Keep inventory control records and make reports.
- Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position and make mathematical calculations.
- Provide lead working direction to others.
- Perform work involving regular physical activity.
- Lift or move up to 100 pounds with the use of equipment.
- Operate power tools and material handling equipment.
- Effectively organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Three years of experience inventorying and maintaining control records for a wide variety of property and equipment or expendable storekeeping items. Prospective applicants who have not had the experience listed may be considered eligible based on other evidence of meeting the above minimum qualifications of the position.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience in the inventory process, reconciliation of accounts concerning, tagging and research of equipment items which meet the control criteria for the state of California and the CSU, Chancellor's Office.
- Two (2) years of experience with campus-wide Asset Management System including preparation of data entries, maintenance and reconciliation of various computerized property accounting records to insure accurate recording of acquisitions and dispositions for the University.
- Two (2) years of experience in audit processes, surveys, transfers, adjustments, equipment loss reports and the preparation of required property reports.
- Two (2) years of experience managing a physical inventory.
- Knowledge of the CFS Financial Accounting System.
- Knowledge of the Fresno State Asset Management System.
- Knowledge of registration and disposition with the Department of Motor Vehicles regarding campus vehicles and vessels in conjunction with Campus Vehicle Inspector.
- Preferred Qualifications:
Our mission is to advance the University's objectives through innovative, cost-effective, and timely acquisition of quality goods and services.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by November 21, 2023 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy , it is strongly recommended that all employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
Closing Date/Time: November 21, 2023