Part-Time Library Clerk
The Mohave County Library is currently recruiting for a Part-Time Library Clerk, in Bullhead City, Arizona.
This is a non-benefits eligible "at will" (Unclassified) position, however, some work assignments may require enrollment into the ASRS (Arizona State Retirement System) depending on length of assignment and the amount of weekly hours worked. The hourly rate varies and is set by the hiring department. This position performs beginning to intermediate level administrative support and clerical work on a temporary basis for an assigned department. Work may include concentrated technical or specialized work assignments.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with various simple to complex administrative tasks and/or work assignments to maintain efficient administrative operations of the department using independent judgment or under general direction of the supervisor.
- Operates common office equipment and software programs necessary to complete work assignments.
- Meets established deadlines and informs concerned parties of deadlines and/or updates on projects or assignments.
- May provide customer service to the public, departments and/or other agencies either by phone, email, or in person in response to questions, provide requested information, or direct queries to appropriate individuals and/or departments.
- Prepares related correspondence documents, forms, letters and reports.
- Compiles data and prepares assigned reports and/or statements.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required and special projects as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Most Clerical Temporary positions require a High School Diploma or GED, and clerical/office support or specific experience in the assigned area.
- OR an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- English, grammar, spelling, and mathematics.
- Filing and information systems and retention/destruction schedules.
- Standard computer use and associated software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Operation of modern office equipment (i.e. personal computers and keyboards, fax machines, telephones, adding machines, calculators, etc.)
- Interpret and apply technical and departmental information as to complete work assignments.
- Effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner with those encountered in the course of work.
- Speak, read and write English.
- Understand and carry out simple to complex written and oral instructions.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Follow directions and work independently and/or in a team to complete routine tasks or special projects.
Mohave County's PTO is compliant with A.R.S. 23-371 requirements.