Nutrition Services Satellite Cashier – Whittier ES
Tacoma Public Schools
First Available Work Date: October 30,2023
Hours per day: 7.0
Salary Level: FS/2A/2, $20.53hr
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 2:30pm
Benefits: This job has the full range of benefits offered by Tacoma Public Schools.
Hiring Bonus: Regular and Substitute Nutrition Services ($500). No high school diploma or GED required. District offering incentives to obtain GED.
Examples Of Duties
This position transports food to a satellite school from preparation kitchen, sets up and serves food. This position is responsible for all fiscal records, input sheets and daily cash flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Informs cook of average daily meal count for satellite school; loads food into personal vehicle at the preparation kitchen and transports to assigned satellite school.
2. Performs on-site food preparation as needed to assemble and serve attractive and appetizing meals.
3. Supervises on-site helpers.
4. Performs cashiering functions during meal service; records daily count.
5. Prepares and forwards money for bank deposits as instructed.
6. Completes various records, input sheets and reports; forwards said documents to Food Service Office in a timely manner.
7. Maintains neat and clean work environment; performs clean-up duties as needed.
8. Follows proper safety and sanitation procedures.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Performs related duties as assigned.
Exposed to infectious diseases.
Education and Experience
One year successful experience in the district's food services program; recent successful experience in performing cashier duties at a school kitchen in the district; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work. No high school diploma or GED required. District offering incentives to obtain diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and procedures.
Ability to accurately perform arithmetic calculations, compute and manage change, and maintain up-to-date accurate records.
Ability to follow instructions and accept constructive criticism.
Ability to consistently move up to 20 pounds.
Ability to obtain, clarify and exchange information.
Ability to score at the 80% level or higher on the arithmetic test required for the position.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic setting.
Current Food and Beverage Handler's Permit.
Successful completion of required in-service.
Valid Washington State driver's license with access to personal transportation for transportation of food.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
- Civil Rights Coordinator: Renee Trueblood, 253-571-1252, email@example.com
- Title IX Coordinator, Elementary: Christa Erolin, 253-571-1318, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title IX Coordinator, Secondary: Wayne Greer, 253-571-1191, email@example.com
- 504 Coordinator, Elementary: Jennifer Herbold, 253-571-1096, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Coordinator, Secondary: Megan Nelson, 253-571-1003, email@example.com
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
Closing Date/Time: 12/3/2023 11:59 PM Pacific