Municipal Court Clerk II
Are you a detail-oriented and customer-focused individual looking for an opportunity to support the operations of a Municipal Court? We're seeking a Municipal Court Clerk II to join our team. In this role, you will provide essential administrative, clerical, and customer service support, ensuring the smooth functioning of the court and its interactions with the public.
- Answer telephone calls and warmly greet visitors, providing them with courteous and helpful assistance.
- Offer information and guidance to the general public, attorneys, judges, and other interested parties concerning requests for information, discrepancies, complaints, and other matters.
- Receive and maintain Police Department tickets, complaints, reports, and related documents, meticulously organizing and managing them.
- Enter ticket information into an electronic database to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assist defendants with coordinating payment plans, community service, defensive driver training, and other necessary actions.
- Process defendant Not Guilty pleas and review and verify proofs of insurance.
- Handle the processing of warrant requests for the judge's signature and warrant recalls as required.
- Efficiently open, sort, and distribute mail to the appropriate recipients.
- Collect and issue receipts for payments made by defendants and other parties involved in court proceedings.
- Schedule hearings and court dates, and provide valuable assistance during court sessions.
- Coordinate the scheduling of bailiffs to ensure a safe and organized court environment.
- Issue summonses or subpoenas as mandated by court proceedings.
- Prepare dockets for all hearings, contributing to the orderly progression of court proceedings.
- Manage the retention of court records, following records retention schedules diligently.
- Disposal of records in accordance with established guidelines, maintaining accurate and required documentation of records disposal.
- Complete various special reports as requested, contributing to the court's documentation and reporting needs.
- Perform related duties as necessary to support the Municipal Court's operations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of relevant experience, often associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position.
- Successful completion of a 40-hour training course for the New Judges & Clerks seminar sponsored by the Texas Municipal Courts Education Center (TMCEC) within 12 months.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Texas Court Clerk Association Level II certification within 48 months.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Texas Notary Public Commission is preferred.
- Ability to be bonded.
If you meet these requirements and are eager to contribute your skills to the efficient operation of our Municipal Court, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and become an essential part of the justice system for the City of Rockport.
Click Here for Full Job Description