Field Sales Merchandiser
Chevron is accepting online applications for the Field Sales Merchandiser located in San Ramon, CA. Relocation within the USA may be considered.
This position is part of the Operations Team within the Americas Fuels & Lubricants organization which is responsible for fuel sales throughout the Americas region.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work to support 300+ Company Owned Company Operated (COCO) stations in maximizing store profitability in non-fuel categories including merchandise, food service, and car wash.
- Analyze data to determine what is and is not working in stations. Must have vision and ability to test and learn merchandizing strategies like bundles, promotions, and new products. Must evaluate performance and then operationalize those with the best returns to the company.
- Manage communications regarding Extra Mile Convenience Stores (EMCS) to the field and liaise with EMCS to support its largest franchisee.
- Grow COCO network food service into a profitable program that will delight customers.
- Work across retail networks to test new partnerships and find the best options for the COCO Network.
- Establish benchmarks and report COCO performance against competitors, while striving for best-in-class performance.
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet demands and increase efficiency.
- Assist stations in implementation of all facets of merchandising
- Coordinates processes for implementation of merchandising initiatives including the development of training materials.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including Sales, Procurement, and Finance to grow profitability.
- 8+ years of experience in Sales, Merchandising, or similar roles.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Must be customer centric and strive to meet their needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Must be creative, have strong analytical skills, business acumen, and merchandising experience.
- Intermediate or advanced skills with MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Availability for domestic travel (50%)
- Master of Business Administration
- Proven experience in leading strong Food Service programs in Convenience.
- Prior experience supporting convenience stores.
- Experience using Power BI or similar other tools to analyze & interpret data.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.