CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (NO RETAIL – AEROSPACE/AUTOMOTIVE EXP. PREFERRED)
Description: Coroplast Tape Corporation is a global leading manufacturer of technical adhesive tape, cables and wires, as well as cable harnessing systems. As well as having clients from the automotive industry, we do business with people from the electronics industry, construction and automation engineering.
Position Summary: Provides customer service by processing incoming orders and by answering phone calls and e-mails with regard to order status and delivery status.
Processing and timely entering of customer orders via fax, email, and web site. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must. Provides sales, client service and professional account administration to multiple client contacts.
Provides sales, client service and professional account administration to multiple client contacts. Maintain outstanding client satisfaction for all customers serviced, ensure job and plan completion and meet or exceed financial goals. Process all sales orders for customers with accuracy and in a timely manner.
. Requirements: Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability - Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations. Can organize time and priorities in a fast and quickly changing environment.
Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate's Degree in Marketing, Management or related field or equivalent experience. A minimum of two years of experience in client relationship management. Must work well in a fast paced, team environment.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced level of skills with SAP R/3, Microsoft Office Suite and Email. Organization, excellent telephone, interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the order process from the point of entry through to delivery.
- Receive & Process EDIs as well as Purchase Orders from assigned customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review Bill of Ladings, Delivery Notes, and pricing for invoicing. Invoice all orders for assigned customers.
- Update the customer data base with customer information such as material numbers, shipping addresses or others.
- Communicate with customers through various channels
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints related to delivery issues Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints
- Provide customers with needed shipping information and clarify questions on orders when required
- Provide assistance to the Customer Service Specialist when information on customers and their orders are required
- Provide feedback and suggestions on the efficiency of the customer service process
- Understand customer requirements so as to provide appropriate clarifications and solutions.Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional support
- Develop professional relationships with ongoing customers through excellent customer service
- Attend training sessions to grow knowledge of product and to improve customer service skills
- Manage client expectations against timelines and make appropriate recommendations by clearly articulating our service abilities.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings to facilitate a shared understanding of priorities and foster teamwork between the client, Sales, and Operations