CLERK TYPIST III- UNCLASSIFIED
The Department of Financial Management has an immediate opening for an unclassified, permanent/full-time CLERK TYPIST III. Under supervision,the Clerk Typist III will provide clerical support to the Business Services Bureau with a dedicated focus on the Sidewalk Vendor Program. It is a fast-paced, forward thinking, and innovative Bureau focused on equity and inclusion in serving the Long Beach community. This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule, allowing for a combination of remote work and in-person presence as deemed appropriate.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Receives, logs, reviews, and tracks sidewalk vending business license applications and hardship waivers;
- May enter sidewalk vending licenses into INFOR and process payments;
- Responds to phone and email inquiries regarding program requirements and application process;
- Supports license inspectors and customer service representatives with entering/updating licenses in INFOR;
- Support call center and public counter operations;
- Receives, opens, and routes mail;
- Files records, documents, and correspondence;
- May interact with other City Departments regarding program regulations/criteria;
- Types forms, memos, and correspondence;
- Maintain management and Microsoft Teams calendars and channels;
- Provides clerical support to Division Officer and Lead License inspector;
- May support other Business Services Bureau clerical staff and act as a backup;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
- The ability to type neatly and accurately at a net speed of 40 words per minute.
- The ability to file in alphabetical and numerical order and perform clerical detail, which includes making simple mathematical computations and correcting error in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- The ability to work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- At least three years of professional experience performing progressively responsible clerical functions in an office setting.
- Associate's degree (or 60 units of college-level coursework) in Business, Public Administration, or related field is desirable. Copies (official/unofficial) of transcripts or degrees should be attached to application, if applicable.
- Experience working for a public sector agency.
- Customer service, call center, mail room and/or scheduling experience
- Proficiency in the use of computers including email, internet, and office productivity software (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Bilingual is highly desirable.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgment and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work within deadlines, and manage multiple assignments and priorities;
- Professional attitude, good judgement, patience and ability to positively interact with the public and employees at all levels;
- Ability to type neatly and accurately;
- Ability to file in alphabetical and numerical order and perform clerical detail, which includes making simple mathematical computations and correcting errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and the public;
- Ability to adapt to an environment where priorities and tasks rapidly change/adjust.
This recruitment will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on November 23, 2023. To be considered, please submit an online application, including a cover letter and resume in PDF format. Applications that fail to include all necessary documents will be considered incomplete and will not be taken into consideration.
Applications will be reviewed for depth and breadth of experience, and for level and relatedness of education. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in further selection procedures. The selected candidate may be required to go through a background check and a physical examination prior to appointment. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Amanda Loya at (562) 570-7958
The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. The City of Long Beach is committed to creating a workplace where every employee is valued for who they are. Having our workforce reflect the diversity of our community at various levels of the organization is a continuous goal embraced by our departments, management staff, and policymakers. To support efforts of fairness and diversity, City Leadership is committed to incorporating equity and inclusion into our work by supporting staff and community partners. We are committed to promoting transparency by publishing updated demographic information for employees, including workforce diversity data and pay by race and gender.
The City of Long Beach will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the Califo rnia Fair Chance Ac t. You are not required to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until you receive a conditional job offer. If the City of Long Beach has concerns about a conviction that is directly related to the job after making a conditional job offer and conducting a background check, you will have the opportunity to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide evidence to mitigate concerns, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting https://calcivilrights.ca.gov/fair-chance-act
The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired, or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call (562) 570-6291.
In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for positions interacting with the public. This information is available in an alternative format by request at the agency contact on the bulletin. If a special accommodation is desired, please contact the agency two (2) business days prior to the test, if applicable.
For technical support with your governmentjobs.com application, please contact (855) 524-5627.Closing Date/Time: 11/23/2023 11:59 PM Pacific