CLERK TYPIST III -CONFIDENTIAL
The Department of Human Resources has an immediate opening for a full-time, unclassified Clerk Typist I-III in the Talent Acquisition Division. The incumbent will also provide support the Long Beach Recovery Human Resources Division. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, intuitive, proactive, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong interest in a career within Human Resources.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Officer, serves as direct clerical support for division head and professional/technical staff within the Talent Acquisition Unit:
- Prepares, edits and proofs written correspondence, reports, meeting agendas, presentations, memos, and related materials in support of the Division's operations.
- Creates, organizes, and maintains all division records to include database entry, shared drives, Microsoft Outlook calendars, and electronic or written correspondences.
- Schedules calls and interviews, maintaining candidate database and handling paperwork.
- Posts/markets city-wide employment opportunities on social media sites and more (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, handshake, etc.).
- Handles confidential and/or sensitive personnel information.
- Organizes, coordinates, and schedules meetings, and other similar activities; creates and modifies meeting invitations for the HR Officer or meetings facilitated by or requested with the HR Officer Directors, etc.
- Maintains division calendar and Microsoft Teams group channels.
- Organize and maintain all Talent Acquisition division records to include database entry, shared drives, Outlook calendars, and electronic and written correspondences.
- Monitor and respond to emails from City's dedicated Talent Acquisition email box.
- Maintains the Talent Acquisition intranet webpage.
- May also work on special projects as assigned by the HR Officer.
- Assists with clerical/administrative duties to support the Division.
- Attend job fairs and assist the division with in person and virtual recruitment outreach.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Under the Long Beach Recovery Human Resources Division, the incumbent will:
- Maintain the Long Beach Recovery intranet webpage on a weekly basis.
- Post/market Long Beach Recovery employment opportunities on social media sites and more (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, handshake, etc.).
- Create the monthly Long Beach Recovery HR newsletter.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to work comfortably with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner, while demonstrating the utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to understand and apply City policies, procedures and organizational structure.
- Ability to interface with the public and City staff and provide excellent customer service.
- Impeccable attention to detail to include correcting errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
- The ability to type accurately at a net speed of 40 words per minute and perform basic clerical and office support duties.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others and the public.
- The ability to file in alphabetical and numerical order and perform clerical detail, which includes making simple mathematical computations and correcting error in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years (full-time equivalent) of paid experience working in an office setting or customer service-based environment.
- Experience with computer applications such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, PowerPoint, word, and excel), Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
- Social media experience (i.e., linkedin, twitter, facebook, etc.).
- Experience posting employment opportunities on external job sites.
- Highly motivated self-starter, resourceful, and able to work independently.
This recruitment will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on November 22, 2023. To be considered, please submit an online application, including a resume and a cover letter, in PDF format. Applications that fail to include all necessary documents will be considered incomplete and will not be taken into consideration.
Applications will be reviewed for depth and breadth of experience, and for level and relatedness of education. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in further selection procedures. The selected candidate may be required to go through a background check and a physical examination prior to appointment. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements, including submission of all required attachments, will not be considered. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact (562) 570-7165.
The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. The City of Long Beach is committed to creating a workplace where every employee is valued for who they are. Having our workforce reflect the diversity of our community at various levels of the organization is a continuous goal embraced by our departments, management staff, and policymakers. To support efforts of fairness and diversity, City Leadership is committed to incorporating equity and inclusion into our work by supporting staff and community partners. We are committed to promoting transparency by publishing updated demographic information for employees, including workforce diversity data and pay by race and gender.
The City of Long Beach will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You are not required to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until you receive a conditional job offer. If the City of Long Beach has concerns about a conviction that is directly related to the job after making a conditional job offer and conducting a background check, you will have the opportunity to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide evidence to mitigate concerns, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting httP-s://calcivilrights.ca.gov/fair-chance-act
The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired, or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please contact (562) 500-7165.
For technical support with your governmentjobs.com application, please contact (855) 524-5627.Closing Date/Time: 11/22/2023 11:59 PM Pacific