Cashier and Zoo Retail Assistant
Under basic supervision, provides retail customer services to the public.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides prompt and courteous cashier and retail services to the public; processes fees for admissions and/or retail food service; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Maintains cash and fund accounts and records; prepares and serves food and maintains cleanliness standards; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- Principles of bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
- Safety and sanitation practices and methods for food preparation, distribution and storage.
- Food temperatures and labeling
- Following and maintaining safety and hygiene standards.
- Following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Entering numerical data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
- Resolving customer service problems.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of customer service experience
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Texas food handler's certificate is required within 90 days of employment.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.