Account Clerk – Experienced Level
Why join Contra Costa County?
Are you interested in pursuing a new opportunity and a career in public service? Contra Costa County is seeking talented and qualified individuals to fill six (6) Account Clerk vacancies in the Auditor-Controller Department and one (1) vacancy in the Public Works Department. This job is utilized in other County departments as well, so if you are interested, apply today!
The Account Clerk - Experienced Level is engaged in activities such as double entry bookkeeping, preparing simple financial statements, and handling equipment related to financial record keeping. In this role, you will play a vital part in maintaining accurate financial records and providing essential support to our organization.
There are many opportunities for Account Clerk - Experienced Level employees to advance to Account Clerk - Advanced Level after meeting the requirements. There are also potential advancement opportunities to other specialized and supervisory clerical positions.
Join our team and make a significant impact on our organization's financial operations. As an Account Clerk - Experienced Level, you will have the opportunity to showcase your skills, work collaboratively, and contribute to our continued success. Apply now and become a valued member of our team!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Detail oriented. Your role will require you to ensure the accuracy of spelling, numbers, or data entry.
- Customer-focused. Your role will require you to be responsive and proactive when addressing customer needs.
- Organized. You will need to balance multiple assignments, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable and punctual. Your assigned unit will rely on you for support.
- A team player. You will be working with a unit that relies on each other to accomplish tasks.
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Drafting and calculating fiscal and statistical data
- Reviewing and sorting bills, vouchers, purchase orders, claims, and other financial papers
- Maintaining inventory and record management
- Helping prepare accounting and statistical reports
- Using office equipment for adding, calculating, and bookkeeping purposes
A few reasons you might love this job:
- Your work will have a direct impact on the County's ability to provide important public services
- There is ample opportunity for promotional growth
- There is a wide variety of County departments with account clerk staffing needs, so you can expand the breadth of your experience
- You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse workforce
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- Your internal and external customers will include some people with strong personalities and/or high expectations
- Tasks can vary depending upon the operational need and the department you are assigned to work
- You will work in a highly regulated government environment
- Professional & Technical Expertise: Applying technical subject matter to the job
- Establishing Credibility: Doing what he/she commits to doing and respecting the confidentiality of information and concerns shared by others
- Delivering Results: Meeting organizational goals and customer expectations and making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks
- Action & Results Focused (Taking Initiative): Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment
- Interpersonal Savvy: Considering and responding appropriately to the needs and feelings of others in different situations
- Displaying Ownership and Accountability: Holding self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Self-Management: Showing personal organization, self-discipline, and dependability
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability
- Mathematical Facility: Performing computations and solving mathematical problems
- Adaptability: Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires
To view the complete job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta/classspecs/3875
The eligible list for this recruitment may remain in effect for 6 months and may be used to fill vacancies in various departments as they arise.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or a high school proficiency certificate.
Experience: Eighteen (18) months of full-time or its equivalent experience in the preparation and processing of accounting documents and in the maintenance of accounting records.
Application Filing: All applicants must apply online at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement and supplemental questionnaire by the final filing date.Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination. Online Multiple-Choice Assessment: Candidates who possess the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will measure candidates' competencies as they relate to the Account Clerk- Experienced level classification. This assessment will measure the following competencies: Professional Integrity and Ethics, Attention to Detail, Adaptability, Displaying Ownership and Accountability, Mathematical Facility, Self- Management, Establishing Credibility, Delivering Results, Action and Results-Focused, Professional and Technical Expertise, Interpersonal Savvy (weighted 100%).
Online Multiple-Choice Assessment: December 5th-11th
The assessment will be administered remotely using a computer or mobile device such as a tablet or smartphone. You will need access to a reliable internet connection to take part in the assessment.
If you applied for another recruitment that uses this exam and the test is scheduled within 6 months of the date you took the test, you will not have the option to re-take the exam.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
For recruitment-specific questions, please contact Alex Johnson at Alex.Johnson@hrd.cccounty.us. For any technical issues, please contact the Government Jobs' applicant support team for assistance at +1 855-524-5627.
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources Department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: 11/23/2023 11:59 PM Pacific